Many of you are curious to know how the T-Mobile G2 is going to compare to T-Mobile’s current front-runner, the Samsung Vibrant. Thanks to Wirefly, we have a comparison chart below that highlights the similar qualities of these devices as well as their differences. In the image below, you’ll find the known specs of the G2 and the current specs of the Vibrant in a quick comparison format.
- The user interface plays a big role when it comes to devices because certain people have their own preferences. The Samsung Vibrant features Samsung’s TouchWiz 3.0 which comes with its own widgets, launcher, lockscreen and overall appearance, while the G2 will be running stock Android UI which allows users to receive future Android updates a lot sooner.
- Under the hood of the Samsung Vibrant comes a 1GHz Hummingbird processor that runs much faster and more smoothly than the Qualcomm Snapdragon which you can find on devices like the HTC Evo 4G and the Google Nexus One. The G2 will be running Qualcomm’s Scorpion processor clocked at 800 MHz which we are looking forward to testing.
- The Samsung Vibrant is running Android 2.1 with an upgrade to Android 2.2 fast approaching while the T-Mobile G2 will be shipping with Android 2.2 with Adobe 10.1 flash support and the mobile hotspot feature.
- The Samsung Vibrant, like the other Galaxy S variants, features a 4″ Super AMOLED display which is arguably one of the best displays we’ve seen on a mobile device and with Avatar pre-installed on the Vibrant it’ll put your HDTV to shame. The G2 is said to feature a 3.7″ AMOLED display which you can find on the Google Nexus One. Both displays reduce power consumption and reflection when in direct sunlight.
- Both devices feature a 5MP camera, but the G2 will be equipped with an LED flash. The Vibrant records in 720p HD and has various camera settings which include night mode and panoramic capturing. If you own a Vibrant and have yet to try out panoramic mode, I highly suggest you do. Rumored specs of the G2 suggest that it will also come with 720p HD recording as well.
- One of the best features on the Vibrant is the 16GB internal storage and it comes with a pre-installed 2GB microSD card. The T-Mobile G2 is rumored to have 4GB internal storage and we’re not too sure on the microSD card; we would assume a 4GB or even 8GB microSD card will be shipped with the device and will be expandable up to 32GB.
Check out the comparison chart below for more information and keep in mind the G2 specs are currently known specs and could possibly change before this device arrives. Enjoy!